CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What to do when there is no TV?

So, I sold our one and only TV this week, and it has been kind of an adjustment, but actually really good. The kids have only said they were bored once, and they seemed to be doing just fine to life without a TV. It is quite amazing actually, when that option is taken away, what kids will do, and even myself, I find more constructive things to do, rather than just vegging...anyway this morning the kids found a new way to entertain themselves with a mattress slide down the stairs, so I had to get a picture of it and maybe some Mom's wouldn't let their kids slide down the stairs on their mattress but I figured they weren't fighting and they are learning to work together and using their imagination...

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That is awesome Aften! What a cool mom you are :). I am SO much more productive when the tv is off... I should get rid of mine.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

SOOO fun!

s said...

How did you do it? I would love to do that too, but I think it would be like cutting off my left arm and leg, but getting my brain back!

alicia.martindale1@riosalado.edu said...

Um, yeah....the mattress thing looks a little scary. You are much braver than I am. and YES - the TV is a time sucker!