CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Finding Wisdom

So I have to say a few things about my sister-in-law Jaimee, who I absolutely adore. She is my brother Jared's wife. They have 2 beautiful kids. When I was back to visit in PA, I was able to spend more time with them. Anyway, Jaimee is completely beautiful, not only outside, but inside as well. She is 1 of 3 children and the only girl stuck right in the middle. Through hard times as a child and choices she made as a teenager and an adult, she has learned so much and is a constant example to me. She says things that she has learned and I am in awe at what she knows, just through her experience and her willingness to become a better person. Let me just tell you some things about her, This is one thing she wrote in an email to me the other day..."I think we should worry more about raising confident, educated, happy children, then wearing the latest fashions." (And she doesn't look dowdy or out of style, she looks fabulous) She is the best Mom I have seen, because of the quality time she puts into her children's lives each day, from the mundane to the fabulous (at least the fabulous from a kids perspective, like the zoo or the kid museum or reading a book together, or playing with playdoh.) She creates a loving, supportive, clean, happy environment that produces happy, well-adjusted children...and a happy husband, because of things she has taught him and helps him to become...just from her willingness to make changes in herself, because she wants a better life for her family.
She is ever concerned about her families health and buys all the natural foods and makes sure her family is as healthy as they can be. She also used to drink coffee and just decided one day that she didn't want to be addicted to anything anymore, so she stopped. Yeah, she said it was hard, but she just made it happen because she felt better about herself and her health. Now for those of us who have the same faith as me know that we have a guideline that we live by called the "Word of Wisdom". In that guideline it states that the use of wine, strong drinks, tobacco, and hot drinks are not good for our bodies; That the herbs, fruits, and grain, and meat sparingly are for the use of man...if we follow these guidelines it states...
"...all who remember to keep and do these sayings... shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures; And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint..."

So anyway, I don't think she realizes what blessing will come to her, because of her willingness to become better. I know I take the knowledge I have been given for granted. There is so much more I can say about her, but I have to run take care of kiddos. She is truly an inspiration to me and I love her...

0 comments: