CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gratitude

"Consider these words written by Abraham Lincoln as part of a
resolution in 1863:

"'We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in number, wealth, and power as no other Nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God who made us.
"'It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended power, to confess our sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.'"

As I have read these words, I have felt the overpowering need to fall down to my knees in humble gratitude because of the endless mercies my Father in Heaven has so willingly and abundantly granted to me...
It overwelms me to think that I have 3 incredible children who are spirit children of our Father in Heaven, to care for and teach, and HE has given me the opportunity to care for them in this mortal realm, in spite of all the mistakes I make daily...
I have been truly blessed to have an eternal companion that overlooks my flaws and continues to love me and support me...
I have been blessed with "goodly parents" who have loved me and instructed me in righteousness...
I have been blessed with family and friends that continually help me to grow and become all that I can become, and lead me, by example, to overcome my many weaknesses...whether these weaknesses be physically, emotionally, or spiritually...
I could go on and on, but it is my prayer that if you have felt the Power of Heaven's glorious Hand in your life to help preserve your peace, give you strength beyond understanding, and enriched your daily life, then on bended knee, thank your Father in Heaven for ALL that He has given you.

5 comments:

Nicole Wynn said...

Amen! Your post really was so inspiring and touching to me. Gratitude is such a wonderful thing and we should all be thankful for all that we have and have been given each and every day! Love it:)

Coartney Wright said...

you are awesome! love your guts!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Aften.

Marianne said...

Well said.... thank you for touching my heart today!! Love ya!

Jen said...

Thanks for your inspiring words today. I needed it. Thank you.