CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Daddy...

This picture of my Dad and Emily was taken February of 2007...this was the last time I have been back to my parents house in PA...
This is a note from my Mom to her family explaining what is going on...
"Hi, all. Well, we have an update on Bert's condition....results of the biopsy and blood test reports: he has liver cancer. Apparently it is a kind that-of people who get this... 75% are people who have a history of alcohol or hepetitis. The other 25%, which Bert is in, the etiology (where it comes from) is pretty much unknown. He will be going to a hospital in Pittsburgh where they have people who specialize in the treatment of this type of condition. His digestive disease doctor said that the Hospital in Pitt. would be superior to the Regional Cancer Center in Erie. Now we just wait for an appointment and go from there. Bert is in good spirits and has a good attitude at this time. My love to all. I will keep you informed. Carol"

To find out that your Daddy has liver cancer...is a shock...but I know that the Lord has a plan for each of us and this is one of many things that my Dad has taught me, so I know why he is "in good spirits" as my Mom said, because he is willing to do the will of our Father in Heaven. I know that our family...my brothers and sisters, and my parents, will be sustained with a God-given ability to cope with all that comes our way as we strive to live according to the Will of The Father. I know that Families can live together for Eternity, my Daddy and my Father has taught me this.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Aften,
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I hope all goes well with your dad. Stay strong and positive.

Anonymous said...

Aften I hope everything will be okay. We will keep him in our prayers.

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Aften! But with your amazing faith and strength (and your Dad's) I know you will find the blessings you need. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers! Love you.

Coartney Wright said...

all i can say is that you are amazing and i love you!

alicia.martindale1@riosalado.edu said...

I am at work at my computer and tears are steaming down my face. I had no idea and I am sorry that I am just now reading your blog. I know you are strong and your family is strong, but this is not easy to handle. I love you and will pray for ALL of you.