CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

We are Back Home in Arizona

The kids and I had so much fun with my family and friends while we were back with my childhood home in Pennsylvania. We were able to spend time with my Dad and my Mom and all my brothers...and Jill was able to come out as well. We went to the beach (Lake Erie Peninsula), got to hang with my sister-in-law, Jaimee and the kids. We were able to celebrate Elise's birthday, and she got a build-a-bear...which was actually a build-a-kitty. The kids were able to run around the big back yard at my parents, they played in the creek, rode the tractor, roasted marshmallows over the fire, they swam in the pond, they played with my friends kids, went to the kids museum, went to the park, went to the Cherry Festival( AKA: poor white trash bash), we got together with old friends, friends with boats...SO all in all it was quite an adventure and the kiddos didn't want to come home ( they did however want their Daddy to come and stay at G-ma's and G-pa's), but we did come home and they were really excited to see their home and their dog and cat.
So here we are all glad to be back and get back into the swing of things...
Here are some of the pictures I got from the trip...


This is my brother Jared and his beautiful family.


Elise's birthday party...




My youngest brother Brent, who serves us and our country in the Army and who will soon be going to Iraq in November...


Popsicles with Grandpa...


This is my good friend Laura, who I hadn't seen in maybe 18 years. I had dated her brother when I was a senior in High School, and after we broke up I had continued to visit his family because I wasn't ready to give them up as well. So , after I moved away, I got busy with life, and time passed, I got married and now after so many yearrs I had always wondered how the Lafaro family was doing, so I stopped by and was able to visit with them, and get reaquainted with my Laura...who was 7 years old when I met her, and now she is a beautiful woman, with a beautiful baby girl, and she is not 7 anymore. I love her.


This is one of my absolute favorite pictures that I got right as we were saying good-bye to my Mom and Dad...it was so hard because I don't know if we will ever see my Dad again in this life, But I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend time with him, with my children and for the fun memories we made.

This is right before we left to goto the airport.

2 comments:

tricialw3258 said...

Hi, you probably don't know me because I am in the Erie Ward but my name is Patty Whaley. One of my daughters and her husband (Beth & Ryan Marrs)are in the Corry branch..or were until last week when they moved to New York. When Beth and Ryan were sealed in the temple in May, your parents attended also. When I heard of your dad's illness my first picture in my mind was of your parents in the celestial room. Ryan grew up in the Corry branch and has known your family his whole life. I remember your parents from way back when I was a new member of the church and they are wonderful, wonderful people. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth said...

it was so nice to meet you and your family too! you take the most beautiful pictures! and i am a blog stalker too... so now i have a new one to add to my list :) haha. glad to hear you made it back home safely!